ALF is commonly called Alumina Fiber. Because the composite is 70 % alumina and 30% silica, we call it Alumina Silica Fiber. Product / yarn produced as a filament with 7 microns in diameter and are Boron free .
The 7 micron diameter allows superior flexibility compared to other available materials. Because the fiber is Boron free, release of Bor gas is not a factor.
Performance and durability of Alumina Silica Fiber is superior to other products available. ALF suffers almost no loss of mechanical strength at temperatures up to 1200 ° C and can be used for applications up to 1395 ° C. ALF is as woven cloth , tape , rope, twine and thread and is suitable for many applications , including the following :
- Thermal insulation rings
- Furnace feed
- Värmeskärms curtains
- Thermal insulation for thermocouples , cables and wires
- Roles for tempered glass plate in manufacturing
- Filters for molten metals
- Spacer for heat treatment
- Abrasives for plastic brows
- Insulators around generator and aircraft / rocket
- Supports for catalysts